Anyone Use Quicken?

With my sling business, I accept payments online through paypal. With each payment, paypal charges a transaction fee. I was trying to figure out which tax catagory to put transaction fees under. My best guess was Dues and Subscriptions or office, but neither of those seemed right. Do you have any suggestions?

Anyone out there use paypal and/or do bookkeeping?

SnuggyBaby

Asked by SnuggyBaby at 8:14 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• I do bookkeeping and I hate Quickbooks (the small business version of Quicken). It is not true double entry accounting and has very poor accounting controls.

You can get a new copy of Peachtree on eBay for around $20.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:16 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I have used it and i hate it so much, If you are going to use a program like that go and download Microsoft Office Accounting Express 2009. It is so much better than any other program, i use it for my business and home use. here is the link to download.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=95f181ab-70b5-486c-8962-45d991be13f8&DisplayLang=en
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 8:27 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Can you create a new category like "User Fees"? I've used Quicken a few times but prefer Microsoft Money.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:53 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• how about under transactional incoming fees folder that way you can keep them seperate from other account information and able to pull it up at any time also do you use access to keep track of your accounts and numbers??
    Elizabeth398

Answer by Elizabeth398 at 1:16 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I already have Quicken Rental Property Manager which includes the Home and Business software. It is the best product for us with our rental properties so I don't see going out and buying a new program.

I am small enough still that I don't need a database yet. I am just using Excel to track sales. Unless you are all telling me that is a mistake.
    SnuggyBaby

Answer by SnuggyBaby at 11:09 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• My husband who has an accounting business is a Quickbooks proadvisor. He could answer some of your questions. He trains people to use quickbooks.If you would like to ask him some questions just email him at homesoonaccounting@earthlink.net.
    biblebowlmom

Answer by biblebowlmom at 8:42 AM on Aug. 11, 2009