Baby's weight gain

My daughter will be 3 weeks this Wednesday, she was born 8 lbs. 11 oz. went to the pediatricians the 28th and she was 8.4 weighed her today she's 9.4. Is this a good weight gain?

contrariant

Asked by contrariant at 8:26 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yeah that sounds about right. Every child gains weight diffrently.... my son was 3lbs when he came home and was 5lbs at his first pedi visit so it all depends, also depends on if they drink formula or Breast milk and if they have cereal in it too
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Yes. I'm not sure if you are BF or not, but BF babies are supposed to gain 1 lbs a month from the lowest point. It looks like you are on track for that.
    DanosGirl

Answer by DanosGirl at 8:33 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Yes, she's strictly breastfed
    contrariant

Answer by contrariant at 8:40 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• EBF babies can lose up to 10% of birth weight at first then they need to gain 6 oz a week from that lowest point...from almost 2 weeks ago shes put on a full lb seriously?? WOW a BF baby should gain 6 oz a week that would be about 12 oz....16oz is a lb so shes gained MORE than expected!!
    http://www.kellymom.com/babyconcerns/growth/weight-gain-calculator.html
    http://www.kellymom.com/babyconcerns/growth/weight-gain.html
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 8:55 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• My daughter was also 8lbs 11 oz and I think the gained the same weight at the same time. So strange.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:27 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Yeah that is good, my daughter weigh 8 lbs 7 oz and went down to 7 lbs 5 oz??? she is breastfed also... it scared the crap out of me but i guess she was healthY!
    she now weighs 18 lbs 4 oz.. at almost 6 months.. big girl!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:23 AM on Aug. 10, 2009