Ok so I have done it now!!!!!!!

Well I am sick and tired of having to put on a happy face and face my hubby family and being treated like a second class citizen and he as well is getting pretty tired of their BS, but this evening I totally put my foot down and SAID NO we were not going to their house for a b day for his nieces, and since then my hubby has been real quiet, I mean not mean just you know one word answers and I asked him whats wrong he keeps saying nothing I am fine but I know different and they keep calling his cell and I can't get him to let me turn his phone off...Should I just let it go or was I in the wrong......
I am so confused.....

Korysmom96

Asked by Korysmom96 at 8:34 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• She said she told him to go....
    We are having problems with my husband's family, and my hubby is just as pissed at his family. However, he gets quiet too when he decides not to hang out with them in similar situations. It's probably not you, because if his family is as bad as you say it is, I'm sure he agrees with you. If it was your family being that way, you would be depressed and cry, yet still keep your distance. Men are different, and they hold hurt inside. A man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife. He chose you over them when you took vows, and if he didnt agree with you, he'd argue with you. It's just upsetting to him (as it would be with anyone else) that his family acts stupid and treats you like crap, when he LOVES YOU. Talk to him about it, even if he tries to hide, tell him that you don't want to cause bad blood, you just don't want to be treated bad by anyone. See how that goes.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 9:58 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• If he is really mad about it tell him 2 go but ur not. Or tell him to man up & stand up for his wife.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 8:40 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Why can't he go by himself?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:40 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Why don't you just let him go? I mean it is his family it's not right to keep him from them. It doesnt mean you have to go. While he's gone relax have some good alone time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I have told him to go !!!!
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 8:44 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Answer the phone and tell them you are not coming. They will keep calling thinking you are coming.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:46 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• You most certainly don't have to go. But you should've told him to go. They are still his family. Of course his family is going to call. He should answer the phone and tell them you or he won't be there. Why are you letting his phone bother you? Why are you asking him what is wrong? You know what is wrong. You said your piece now let it go for now. The subject will resurface. You don't need to make it any more dramatic than it is/ will be.

Traxx

Answer by Traxx at 8:49 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• he is in a crappy situation having to figure out how to make everyone happy when that isn't possible. I'm sure he is quiet trying to figure it all out. Let him have his time and don't stress out over it. He will come around. Try not to nag him/ask him about it too much or it might blow up in your face. He might be trying to figure out how to tactfully approach his family about how they treat you so he doesn't lose them and you.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 11:18 PM on Aug. 9, 2009