When you were dilating....did it burn and tingle down there??

I went to the hosp on thrusday, I thought my water broke. They werent sure what it was...but it wasnt my water or amniotic fluid. But they did notice that I was 1cm Dilated. They told me to walk and do some squats to help it progress. Now...sometimes it starts to tingle and burn down there. Im not sure if its due to me dilating and starting to thin out...or what it is. But they did check for infection...and I didnt have any. Any suggestions on what i am feeling??

oxcarirenexo

Asked by oxcarirenexo at 9:04 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• u mite wanna get checked again for an infection, because i had the same tingling and burning feeling and thought it was me dialating which i was but i also had a bladder infection that was only caught cuz they cathed me...not fun but glad they did, i do know that when i went from like nothing to 1cm i felt like a crampy sharp pain shoot through my vajayjay every now and then
    dilemma1

Answer by dilemma1 at 9:12 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Two kids - went through full labor with both, never felt tingling as I was dialating.
    HybridMom27

Answer by HybridMom27 at 9:13 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• IDK, on the outside of my upper pelvic bone it feels like someone stabbed me and swueezed a lemon on it. They haven't suggested anything. I guess you'd have to specify. If you are dialated it doesn't mean you'll have the baby right away, but it's a bonus if you want to be induced early. I was 3 cm and got to choose to be induced that Friday. It worked out great and had no problems. Best of luck to ya.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 1:07 AM on Aug. 10, 2009