waterbreaking?

im 39wks and 1cm dialated last time i checked,my doctor said that i could try sex to soften and dialate my cervix more, which is fine with me and my hubby lol, but im wondering that if im already a little dialated could having sex break my water,seeing the seamen has hormones to soften ur cervix could those same hormones break my water?
also any other tricks to get dialating faster?

dilemma1

Asked by dilemma1 at 9:09 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was told..that after a friend had sex her water broke like 10 mins later. My doc told me to help w. the dilating process....do Squats...walk up the steps sideways....walk more.
    oxcarirenexo

Answer by oxcarirenexo at 9:12 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• only being 1cm dilated would make it VERY unlikely for your water to break from sex. If it makes your water break, oh well... your doc gave you the OK to start natural things to put your in to labor. But no... hormones dont cause your water to break, pressure or contractions do
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 9:57 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I have a friend on here that did it, was wet more than usual checked and it was her water broke. I heard it was the sperm that helps. We tried doggy style and no results from it yet. He's just happy that at this point he's getting anything at all! LOL
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 1:03 AM on Aug. 10, 2009