how much clothes is sufficient for kids? how many pairs of jeans shirts ect?

im going through my kids clothes and to see how much i need to get for the new school year. and how many outfits should i buy brand new? i found a few nice clothes at thrift stores and yard sales that are brand name and look new....i was thinkin 2 brand new outfits then get the rest that they need at thrift stores....thanks for your input

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think it depends on just how much laundry you want to do. My daughter has more shirts than pants and typically has enough "outfits" to make it for seven days. But she only has about 3 pairs of pj's as they can be re-worn.

My twins on the other hand have enough pj's for seven days as well as enough outfits for seven days due to the fact that they are toddlers and still prone to potty accidents that result in the need for clean clothing.

All three kids have at least 14 pairs of socks and 14 pairs of underwear due to the "disapperance" factor that seems to go along with those articles of clothing.
    Scrappymommyof3

Answer by Scrappymommyof3 at 12:15 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Whatever you can afford, but also how often do you want to do laundry? I got my kids 3 shirts and 3 pants each. But with six in the household we do laundry almost daily. I would go five and five if i had fewer kids. They would have a clean outfit every day and laundry on weekends.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:22 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Oh that's school clothes only.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:23 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• We get 7 out fits that she can mix and match. And I do laundry 2 a week.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:25 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I get them enough to wear something different each day to school, then we do laundry on weekends.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:19 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• 4 full new outfits, plus 1 pair plain jeans and 3 shorts to go with them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:07 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I buy my daughters clothes throughout the year when there are sales so I have less to buy when it is time for school shopping.
    For my 18 year old she needs 2 pair of jeans, 4 tops, 1 pair of shoes, and a backpack.
    For my 15 year old she needs 4 pair of jeans (she really grew over the summer!!!), 6 tops, new bras, 1 pair of sneakers, and 1 pair of shoes.
    We're taking them to a gigantic mall in northern VA called Potomac Mills where all it's stores are outlet stores so all the prices are lower than retail and they have tons of sales, too, so we'll save money.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:34 AM on Aug. 10, 2009