Question about STDS...

This is really serious, so no bull crap please....
My friend called me earlier... She hasn't had a pap done in over two years (she's 24), and not to be mean, but she's been around... Anyways, she said she was a white creamy discharge, a horrible smell, and abdominal cramps. I told her that didn't sound right, but I wasn't for sure. i told her to go to a doctor, but she refuses because of no insurance. I'm thinking STD, and I even did a little google research, but couldn't find anything. Do any of you know what this could be? When I asked if std was possible, she got upset with me... But I really want some logical answers so I can talk her into seeing a doc... Is this normal? I've never expirienced it

momma_marian

Asked by momma_marian at 9:17 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Health

• From what I remeber from class, what your describing sounds like Chlymidia or Gonnoreah. Please have to go to her local family planning since she doesn't have insurance. She really needs to get it looked at. If left untreated, she could become sterile. Good Luck!
    Mama_Kimmy

Answer by Mama_Kimmy at 9:25 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• TRY YOUR LOCAL HEALTH DEPT WIC WOULD KNOW OF ONE, COULD BE SOMETHING BAD IF NOT TREATED
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Have her Google "Community Health Centers" to find the master Web site of government-run health clinics that will see anyone, regardless of their ability to pay. You can drill down to find the location of a clinic near you.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:20 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• She can also go to www.plannedparenthood.org

Answer by rkoloms at 9:21 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I have the cramps and discharge but i'm pregnant and it started when i got pregnant.. Do you think she could be pregnant.. If she's been around i'm sure she could be even if she is on birth control.. I would think about asking her that...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• i had that when i was pregnant have her take a test
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 9:42 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• it maybe a uti but I would go to planned parenthood b/c they are non-profit and if u don't have insurance they only ask for a donation.. gl
    SweetPea102689

Answer by SweetPea102689 at 10:38 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• The health department does free or low cost STD screenings. She needs to go now and get checked out. She could also go to Planned Parenthood. If she has an STD and goes untreated, she is putting others at risk and she could have serious and long lasting consequences.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:48 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• BACTERIAL VAGANOISIS---SHE NEEDS TO GO TO PLANNED PARENTHOOD, she needs to be on antibiotics, and if she it prego, bacterial vaganosis can cause a miscarrage, as well as scarring in the fallopian tubes, I used to get it once in a while when ever a boyfriend cheated, it smell like a fish factory no matter how many times you shower!! Then men need to be treated as well ot she will get it again, it is not a std per say but sex is one way of getting it!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• THanks guys.. I told her all that you said, and even though she's still skeptical, I've located a planned parenthood (that is a wonderful "business" by the way) close to us, and pretty much have her talked into going... Well, I told her I'd take her and that was all that needed to be said on the matter... She's not very mature about certain things... I pray she isn't pregnant....

But as for me... a std is treatable??? I mean I knew there were drugs that helped, but didn't know you could actually get rid of them... I didn't pay much attention in health class... if you can't tell
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 11:23 PM on Aug. 9, 2009