missionary position during pregnancy...is it okay?

hi every1,

i've asked my doctor and she has said that sex is not an issue for my husband an i during the pregnancy as everything is going okay with the baby and all.

i was just wondering though.....my husband and i were making love last night (missionary position) and well he was really pressed against my belly during the whole time. anyways when we finished i got up to go to the bathroom a few minutes later and well my entire stomach really hurt.

my husband love rubbing himself against me during the act and wven though i reming him to be careful of my belly he kinda just gets so into it that he forgets and he'd be pressing against me again. anyways the baby is moving since then but not as much as before and usually it would be alot of movement on my right side but since last night it is now more on the left and very very light movements on the right side
is this dangerous for the baby....i'm 21 weeks and am sho

fay101

Asked by fay101 at 9:25 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• honestly, i had sex missionary my whole pregnancy and sometimes my SO did lay on my stomach and my son is fine.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:29 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• im to big(37 weeks) and missionary is the only thing i dont have to any work at....i just lay there...it sounds aweful....but im just to big and uncomfortable....i tell him to hurry up....he does it in like 5 minutes cause he doesnt have to worry about me getting mine...im not worried about getting mine so its ok by me....but yeah missionary is ok
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 9:32 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Yes it is ok my stomach usually hurts after any position though... But as long as there is no bleeding you should be fine.. I also sleep on my stomache so theres pressure against the baby all night and that is how i have slept the whole time and i'm 32 weeks now and everything is fine.. If it bothers you personally though tell your husband to try something different...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Aug. 9, 2009