Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do if childs medicine is magically not there when they are at visitation?

My son hasn't seen his dad in 4 years and finally had a visitation this weekend. His dad has recently moved in with his gf and we did some look ups on her this weekend and found out she had been convicted of illegally distributing pharmaceuticals well we didn't want to judge we don't know the situation. But after his visit when we were on our way back home I get a call saying his ritalin was missing from his med container so he didn't get it. now after I put his meds in I checked it hubby checked it friend checked it then I checked it again. so it was for sure in there. What do I do . .do I just make a note of it or who do I report it to?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (7)
  • I would for sure report it. Think about if your child is over at his house and him or his girlfriend are high on ritalin. That can mess a person up if they take too much.

    Answer by SaraP1989 at 9:31 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

  • yeah with the history i would call your ex and tell him to ask her to give it back or be reported and if they gave me any trouble after stealing my childs med i would not wait one second to report them. people who steal and sell kids meds are complete low lives! not who you want your child around to say it nicely.

    Answer by AmaliaD at 9:33 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

  • I would report it immediately. Ask your lawyer who you should report it to. Was the visit court ordered? If yes, then report it to the court. Make a note of it. Report it. AND call and demand that she give the medication back. That stuff is not cheap and she has no right stealing from you and your son. IF she stole it, then she has a serious lack of morality and I would do what I could to keep her away from my kids.

    Answer by beckcorc at 9:43 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

  • I've heard of people who died abusing ritalin, that's the last thing your son needs, to find his father or g/f dead when they're supposed to be caring for him.

    Answer by mumma28 at 10:17 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

  • i would call the cops on it and report it

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

  • I would report it. Call your attorney and why, after 4 years would you let your child just spend a weekend at his fathers house? I would start with a few hours at a time and work up to weekend again. Next time, take the bottle out, show the father and have him verify how many pills are in the bottle (I would put in a couple more than what is needed for the weekend). When you pick up your son, get the bottle and verify how many should be left in the bottle. Do NOT tell him how many extra are in the bottle. Document everything that goes on, what your son says happened during the weekend.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:29 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

  • well your first mistake was not telling the judge about the girlfriend. What did you expect? Now you're going to just look irresponsible by admitting that you knew about her problems and failed to bring them up. I'd just confront the dad and tell him there won't be anymore overnight visits since your child wasn't given his medicine.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.