crazy itch right under my belly button.

its literately right under my belly button.im 37 weeks and i swear it itches like crazy.it stops after i scratch it but i have to scratch for a kinda long time.it started happening when i was about at the end of 8 months.it feels so damn good when i scratch it but wth is causing it?i feel like theres little tiny bumps yet i dont see any it just looks like dry skin.what is it and what is causing it.

Desi2Sweet

Asked by Desi2Sweet at 9:30 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i think your belly is just itchy when your pregnant. they make a cocoa butter oil for that.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:37 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• You are probably experiencing the stretching of your belly. If you haven't gotten any stretch marks yet you will probably get some now. I had that crazy itching on my lower belly after my second child and behold...I had stretch marks. I used to be tiny, but my gut got a little bigger, and after each child more itchy stretch marks came. But hey, maybe you just have really dry skin.
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 9:39 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• when i was like that the dr called it pupps...theres some meaning to the abbreviation, idk what though. i noticed the really tiny bumps, and the horrible itching so i asked about it, and sure enough. it's not harmful at all, but its really annoying. if you do have it, chances are it won't go away until delivery..according to my doctor. she said it's because of an increase in hormones or something like that.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 10:11 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• OH, also.. I couldn't find anything to make it feel better, other than itching it. I know that doesn't help. I have heard of taking benadryl, but I would def ask your doctor before doing that. I didn't try it, but only because I wasn't taking any meds while pregnant unless absolutely necessary. Lotions help a little bit, but not much. Good luck!
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 10:13 PM on Aug. 9, 2009