So I took the pregnancy test and no lines showed,what did I do wrong?

I sat down on the toilet.It showed a picture of a woman standing up but I didn't think twice because it didn't say to do that,why didn't they say that?I guess they are trying to reach people who can't read?I held it under my stream for 5 seconds and didn't put the cap back on like they said, but they also said you didn't have to do that to get a reading.Geez,I paid 18.99 for a 3 pak at Target for this,these are a good brand but their directions are confusing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Not enough pee on the stick. I know it sucks to waste a perfectly good test. Go buy a bunch of dollar store tests (just as good as those expensive ones) and save the expensive tests.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• It was probably a faulty test. Take another one.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:37 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• yep you did it wrong better do it again
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Check the date. Make sure they haven't expired. If they are still good, it's either a faulty test or you just didn't have enough urine for it to register.

Take another in the morning. Just sit down, pee on it, put the cap on it and gently set it on a flat surface.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:40 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Ok stand in the shower next time?What about you have you done it standing up?I sat down last time and I was pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I think you just got a dud. That happened to me once. I still wasn't pregnant, but if you don't get the control lines it means the test isn't working properly.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:44 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• How 'bout I pee on it again,will that help?Thriving mom..can you use it again for that purpose?
    Anonymous

• dip it in a cup of pee for 5 seconds put the lid on it put it on a flat surface and let it sit for however long it says
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 9:46 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Whether you're sitting down or standing up, that won't make a difference . . . seriously. If you have a disposable cup, just pee in that. Then dip the test into the urine. Then you will definitely get an accurate reading. Also taking it first thing in the morning is best, because your urine is the strongest in the morning.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:47 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I don't want to waste the one I have, can I reuse it right now and pee on it more ?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Aug. 9, 2009