Do you feel like your on the bottom of the priority list?

I swear I do! My priority list, my husband's priority list, my kid's priority lists (they don't really count, of course I am, they're kids, but I'm in that kind of mood, lol, so I'll list them too!), my family's priority list...ugh. Am I just laying down and taking it too easily or is this normal!? I don't expect to be on the top of my list because everyone else comes first in my mind, but darn it, shouldn't I come first on their's some of the time then? It's only fair!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Don't expect to be on top of you kids' priority lists or your extended family's list. Ever lol. But your husband needs to make you a priority once in awhile too.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 10:11 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• No, because I refuse to get put on the bottom. I won't be any good to anybody if I'm on the bottom. I make sure I get taken care of.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:11 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• What about midway? Can I just be midway down the list some days, lol!? I just found out my cousin got married like three weeks ago and no one thought to tell me! WTH? Then my husband says he'll call me in half an hour and calls me two hours later! Come on now, lol!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• You have to make yourself a priority, no one can do it for you.
    CrazedMomof2

Answer by CrazedMomof2 at 10:36 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I actually had a meltdown the other day over this and was crying to my husband because that is how I feel. Because I'm a SAHM I pretty much have no rights to anything. My dad paid his dues and is now retired so he automatically comes before me. My husband works and brings home a paycheck so he comes before me. The kids come before me because for some reason in today's society kids are treated like kings and should always be first for everything. My cousin and her friend are staying with us but since they are working they come before me. And society tells them this is okay because I don't earn a paycheck, therefore I'm not worth much. It's frustrating and lonely and tiring. I'm the last to shower, last to use the washing machine for my clothes, last to eat (yet I have to do all the cooking), last to relax, last to bed, get last pick of the snacks after everyone is full, get almost nothing new ever, etc, etc, etc.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:18 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Sorry, justanotherjen. I know how you feel, but I only have my immediate family around on a day to day basis. I can only imagine having so many others to cater to as well without anything in return. I hope now that you've said something to your husband that things will begin to improve for you and at least he will make an effort to make you feel like number one!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on Aug. 10, 2009