need help keeping faith

it sounds more dramatic than what it is i guess.

We're having issues being able to pay for our two cars (one we have with us, another is back in another state, and can't afford to bring to us).
DH is in the military, and if it gets repo'ed he can get in a lot of trouble.

I know that God will put us through stuff we can handle, but I am having a hard time believeing that we'll make it.
DH just gets flustered with it, and won't really talk about it since its a sore subject, and I just don't know what to do. We're only a month behind, but still. Its a month.

Does anyone have any encouraging words, or just a prayer that we can find a way to get this under control?
Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• How come you don't want to sell it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• It will be OK! U can go to your bank or credit union and try to work it out with them... I was in the same situation when my husb after 5 yrs in the auto industry got laid off and we were 3 months behinde ! What my bank did is add those payments to the end of the note so that we could get caught up and not put it on our credit... Try that . Banks are going to work with people right now. Is it a very high payment?
    Anonymous

• Yes! God has got it ALL in control.
    Give it over to Him and stop fretting about it.
    He asks us if worrying and fretting will change it for us and the answer is NO.
    He has another plan for your life possibly.
    In 2004 when I got hurt and was in the hospital in a coma; we ended up losing it all. I mean ALL of it.
    We had just taken a 100,000.00 loan on our home so that we could add on to it and for what? So I could store more stuff in case we ever needed it and more room so that we would be able to house more girls and young women that were homeless and pregnant.
    I traded in my paid off car and got an expedition so that everyone could fit because we had just gotten 3rd party custody of 3 girls.
    Then I got hurt and Adam's work shut down. Everything happened so quickly. It was not even real because when I did finally come out of it; my head was really messed up.
    I finally just surrendered it all........cont.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 10:26 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• cont...
    I told God that I had been a child of His for a very long time and that I was expecting Him to handle this. He did. When I agreed to step out of His way and let Him have complete control; He changed our world. COMPLETELY.
    For the first time in my entire life I really felt no pressures / no fear of what would happen.
    In the end we have just what we have always wanted.
    We live in the country; 22 miles from any town or city; my husband got the saw mill that he had wanted for over 20 years; we have peace total peace on our property; no close neighbors.
    We had one of the girls that has stayed with us off and on for 15 years moving and she had her car up for sale and just gave me the title. I will never part with the car. it meant so much to me. My husband was able to buy a used PU and it was like new and he got it for just 2 payments that we would have made on the Expedition, and look how gas prices went up. He is Good
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 10:34 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Can you sell the car and get what you need where you are? I do believe God wants the best for all of us, and that things can certainly work out, but I think we are meant to be doing some thinking and planning and all that too. If you can't get the car to you, and you can't use it where it is, and you can't make the payments anyway.....It seems that selling it is what God would want you to do.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 11:39 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• the car is in another state, and we're so upside down in it, that we can't really trade it in because it won't get any better.
    we're with Southside Financial, and they are the worst company i've ever delt with. They didn't help us at all with any issues we've gone through.
    I've tried to sell it on-line, and even for less than its worth, and we'd pay off a little on our own, but no one wants to buy a car for 10,000 when its only worth 4,000. (04 chevy malibu)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I am sorry for what you are going through. May I tell you our story? My husband hasn't worked in 5 years due to health factors. I haven't worked since my twins were born prematurely, over 11 years ago. I went back to school to get more skills but as yet have not found work either. Because of all this we have had to go on welfare. We have a van and the registration is due. Welfare is great for covering basic bills, but when something like this comes along it is a big stretch. We needed $300. This morning when we went to church our pastor called my husband over and handed him an envelope. He said someone had asked him to give it to us anonymously.  Guess how much was in it...yup $300.  We had said nothing to anyone.  I choose to believe it was God.

I pray God will do something amazing in your life.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 2:04 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Put on your speakers for this, my sister.

http://www.inspiringword.net/movies/psa-23a.htm

Also, you have the Word of God.

Scroll down on both of these.
    http://worknotes.com/IN/Indianapolis/Books/h1.stm

http://worknotes.com/IN/Indianapolis/Books/hf0.stm
    lynnsl

Answer by lynnsl at 11:07 AM on Aug. 10, 2009