breeding my dog...

i have a male dachshund and we jus borrowed a female bc she is in heat and we want puppies!! lol but my dog dont even bother her. he may sniff her or somethin but he just walks away!! when he was younger he was horny as could be, and humped dogs all the time. but i jus wonder if there is anything we can do to make him get on it! lol oh, my dog is like a year and a half old and the female is like 3 years old.

EheartsZ07

Asked by EheartsZ07 at 10:16 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Pets

• Please do not breed. Look at this and then tell me you want to still breed.
    BTw, if there are children in the room send them out before watchiing.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiR50wXAPFw
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 10:31 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• btw, Humping is a sign of dominance most of the time unless you have female in heat close by. Its not because they are "horny"
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 10:32 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• no children...
    EheartsZ07

Answer by EheartsZ07 at 10:35 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• PLEASE do not breed! There are so many homeless dogs in shelters just waiting for homes! Out of all the puppies that would come out, some owners would want to breed, which would make more puppies, and their owners would want to breed, creating more puppies, etc. Breeding is really not responsible pet ownership. And please get your dog fixed! A neutered male has less of a chance of developing prostate cancer, getting loose and running away, and less aggression.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 12:10 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• do yourself and everyone else a favor and get your poor dog fixed. it lowers rates of cancer in male and female and you are contributing to the MILLIONS of dogs in puppy mills and shelters that die EVERY day!!! It's unbelievable. Just in my city alone over 200 dogs are surrendered to the pound EVERY DAY!!! People need to stop breeding. Just get him fixed and enjoy him PLEASE! It's very irresponsible pet ownership!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:33 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I agree. If you breed him you are just adding to the overpopulation problem. Backyard breeders are only slightly above puppy mills IMO.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:08 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• If its not YOU ...its someone else...find them good homes it will happen eventually ...

THEN get your dog fixed...i wouldnt have even dared put BREEDING up here..these ladies will get their panties in a bunch faster than you can delete this question...

Its your choice....If animals..were still wild.....we wouldnt have a choice now would we?

Its sad that animals are now all domesticated ...fat....sad...things lurking around wanting to bite any innocent person they can....why? because ...their stiLL WILD!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• **If its not YOU ...its someone else...find them good homes it will happen eventually ...

Its sad that animals are now all domesticated ...fat....sad...things lurking around wanting to bite any innocent person they can....why? because ...their stiLL WILD! **

Geez...talk about getting your panties in a bunch!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:53 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I'm not gonna sit here and bunch-up because you want puppies... I did too and just bred my dog. Is it possible the female isn't ready yet? If she is, she'd be standing in front of him as much as possible and moving her tail to the side (like she's flagging him... dogs are funny, :P)... if she's bleeding, you'll need to wait a couple days until she isn't in full bleed. Otherwise he'd be on it, trust me... that's how boy dogs are :P You can PM me that way people don't keep flaming.
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 6:18 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• i agree, when the female is ready she will know and he will too. he aint interested because there really is no reason to be yet. or you missed the timing already.
    if you want to breed your dog, you go right ahead. you have every right to and i wish you well with it.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:01 AM on Aug. 10, 2009