Homeschoolers, do you look down on moms who send their kids to public school?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in

• eye rolling

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Oh brother...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:30 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• banging head into walldidn't this just get deleted?

personally I think both just want what is best for their kids. What ever works best.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• No, I don't. It's a personal choice. Like eating junk food or healthy food. Vaccinating or not vaccinating. You do what you think is best for YOUR child.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 10:43 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I agree with DawnA72. It's a personal choice for what works best for your family.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 10:50 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• My twins aren't old enough to go to school yet so I can't answer it from the 'parent perspective' but I have taught in both public and private schools and I went to public schools from Kindergarten through 12th grade. i think public schools give a child much more exposure to 'the real world' than homeschooling ever will. Personally I hate the idea of homeschooling and would never do it....especially since, in my experience, a lot of the parents self-taught themselves and don't understand half of what the child has to do.
    newmom2bgtwins

Answer by newmom2bgtwins at 2:23 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Nope, not at all.

Homeschooling's not for everyone -- it's just the right choice for us.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 3:19 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I have thrown around the idea of homeschooling and I am a big fan of it and I know many homeschooling moms. We decided to do the private school route and based on my experiences with SOME homeschooling moms, I would say yes. Not all of them, of course, because its not fair to lump them into one category, but I know a few who do it because they simply feel they love their kids more than other people. I never wanted my kids in public school, but for a time, its what we had to do. My heart broke everyday that I did it and I prayed constantly for another option. I know many moms who are very humble about it and realize that different things work for different people. I have no problem with parents who do whats best for THEIR child even if its public school, but the ones that think PS is great, it worked for them so its fine for their kids, or dont readily admit that its not the greatest place in the world, are the ones that bug me
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:25 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• "they love their kids more than other people. " Wow what a statement. So because I think my only child is better in school with peers that I am not doing the best for my son? By the way I work in the same district and have a great relationship with his teachers.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 12:06 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• No. Most of my friends send their kids to public school. They accept me, I accept them. Homeschooling is not for everyone. It does work for my family, and I think it's wonderful, but what works for me might not work for others.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:19 PM on Aug. 10, 2009