How can I get my husband to stop touching my stomach?

I love him and i understand he wants to feel our daughter but sometimes its annoying and can hurt because my stomach has been sore, i had a hard enough time telling him to leave my breasts alone but how do i get him to leaave my tummy alone nicely?

Laura_Cruz

Asked by Laura_Cruz at 10:28 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• He won't. My husband had his hand on my belly 24/7 (not really but it felt like it). He wouldnt roll over and go to sleep until he felt her kick and in the early stages of moving, sometimes he would hold his had there for 45 mins. He often told me that he was jealous because he wanted to feel the kicks too like I felt them.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:33 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Aw...I think it's sweet he wants to feel the baby. My hubby doesn't really have much interest in that. This is my third pregnancy and I'm not sure if he's ever really felt a baby kicking. He doesn't have the patience to sit still long enough...lol. But sometimes I feel like he just doesn't care. I can see how your position would be annoying too, but be thankful he's excited!
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 10:40 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• uh just tell him it hurts and you dont want him touching it as much and if he keeps doing it smack his hand treat him like a little kid if thats what needed
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I'm not sure.. He's the only one aloud to touch my stomache lol.. If anyone else does i throw their hand off.. But just tell him it's bothering you and tell him it hurts as well.. And i know how you feel on the 'get off my bobs' thing it never stops lol..
    He could be jealous as well though cause you have closeness that he can't have with your child.. So he wants that as much as he can and feeling the baby may make him feel better.
    Mandy211

Answer by Mandy211 at 10:42 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I think you should be happy he's so interested. My SO was not at all interested (first 6 months) and it hurt me more to feel like he didn't care at all. Then when I hit about 6 1/2 months he got really excited all of a sudden and started rubbing my belly and kissing on it and stuff. It hurts sometimes when he touches it too because I am sore but I am just so happy he finally acts like he cares. Tell him to massage your belly, it will make you feel better and he can still be touching your belly :)
    javila

Answer by javila at 10:43 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I've been having this problem with my SO. i've just been uncomfortable with my growing belly & my belly button is starting to pop out & it feels weird and i just don't want him all over me!! i tell him & he stops for a second, but he's so excited about having his baby inside of me, he just wants to feel her! i get annoyed, 'cause it's my belly, but it's also his baby...and i love that he's so excited. it is so sweet. i guess just tell him to be gentle & def be thankful that he's excited!!
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 10:44 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Tell him straight out to not touch it because it hurts. To get my husband to stop touching my breasts I had to explain, "Honey, if you got kicked hard in the crotch and you were swollen and sore, would you want me to come out of no where and start fondling you and not stop even if you were in pain?" He got the point.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:38 AM on Aug. 10, 2009