What exactly do I need for baby #2?

My DH and I are in a debate...what exactly do we need for our second child...our first is almost 4 and this time around we are expecting a girl...He insists on using his OLD stroller (it sucks!) and his OLD car seat to save a few bucks...what should I put my foot down about and what should I just let go for the sake of sanity?

BradleysMama06

Asked by BradleysMama06 at 10:37 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I found this on about.com

"Most car seats expire 6 years from the date of manufacture, unless there is a different expiration date marked on the seat. If you're not sure, call the manufacturer."

So the car seat is probably something I would put my foot down about.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:43 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Isn't there an expiration date on car seats??? At least that's what I got told at a baby class I went to... The plastic parts can harden and break...
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 10:44 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• here's an article about the expiration on car seats: http://www.childseatcenter.com/article14.html
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 10:45 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• LOl I wanted everything new but instead saved money and used the old car seat and stroller... Honestly you dont even care once the baby is here as long as the baby has clothes, diapers, and a nice place to sleep. Us as moms thou always want the best for our children and when were hormonal we dont want to here lets use this if its not EXACTLY what they want. Just relax and reuse as much as you can to save money so that you can get her other things she wouldnt get to have.
    EliseMichelle

Answer by EliseMichelle at 10:46 PM on Aug. 9, 2009