Have any of you had to get full dentures?

If so,how do they do it? I mean,I still have most of my teeth.But I have a "disease" that made my teeth rot out.So they need to pull my teeth.But will they pull them all at once? If not,how will I eat when I am missing a lot of teeth?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Health

• yes i did when I was 6 months pregnant. I am only 28 years old. I had thyroid cancer that made mine go bad. message me if you need to know anything.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:51 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Yep, a wise dentist will do them all at once - it's better for you than some now & some later. You'll be limited to liquids & soft foods (nothing that has to be chewed) while you heal, and after you heal you'll be able to eat whatever you can handle gumming. I know some people who have eaten steak, doritos, pretty much anything & everything, with NO teeth. I still have some of him, but enough have been pulled that I know what it'd be like with none. You'll need to be fully & properly healed before wearing dentures, too, or you'll have issues. Some say it's a good "diet", but any weight you lose you'll likely put back on once you're eating "normal" foods again. Be sure you're getting an adequate amount of protein, via milk products primarily, and any other soft high-protein things, like scrambled eggs, peanut butter, etc. It doesn't take as long to heal as you'd think either. I was eating "normally" within 2 weeks. GL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 PM on Aug. 9, 2009