preterm labor... have u ever had preterm labor??

what symptoms did u have? and what did they do at the hospital??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yeah. I had horrendous "menstrual like" cramps...they came and went and I just felt really really bad. Baby had stopped moving as well and I was having horrible diarrhea. My doc told me to go to Labor and Delivery. They hooked me up to monitors to monitor me and baby and my contractions. When they saw that I was having contractions they checked me and saw that I had dilated a bit and they used a test strip to see if i was leaking amniotic fluid. I was. They gave me meds to stop the contractions and had to give me a stitch or two to stop the leaking. Then monitored me the rest of the night and then put me on bedrest for the rest of my pregnancy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Yes, with my 3rd. Felt like regular labor, so I went in, but it stopped on it's own - 3 times. Again with my 5th, again went in, and again it stopped on it's own. If you've had a baby before, it feels like regular labor. If this is your first, and you have any worry, call your doc/ob/midwife/nurse hotline/hospital immediately! Better safe than sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• yes with my 2nd. I had lower abdominal pains and found out I had dilated and my pains were contractions. I got shots to stop labor at 27 weeks and had my son at 36 weeks.
    iheartkewi

Answer by iheartkewi at 11:06 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Yes, with my first. I was 7 months pregnant, and kept feeling my stomach getting really tight. It was a little painful. At my check up,(which had already been scheduled for that day) I mentioned it to the doc, and when they checked me, I was already 3 centimeters dialated. Luckily, it stopped on it's own, but I had to go on bed rest for the remainder of my pregnancy. That really sucked, but I was able to stay pregnant until 38 weeks, so it was good.
    ginger813

Answer by ginger813 at 11:59 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• so u can be in preterm labor without painful contractions?? do they just feel like alot of braxton hicks??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I had mild menstrual like cramps and my water broke. When I was in the hospital I had contractions so they gave me a magnesium IV to stop them and it worked...but my urine protein levels were too high and my bp was too so they had to do an emergency section at 31 weeks 6 days.
    newmom2bgtwins

Answer by newmom2bgtwins at 2:04 AM on Aug. 10, 2009