So I will be 15 weeks prego tuesday, but I have been having some pains in my stomache..is this normal??

The pains aren't like period cramps, more like muscle-y maybe? But off an on so I was worried...(My 1st pregnancy)

stylinmama

Asked by stylinmama at 10:58 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If in doubt about anything, the best thing to do is call your doc/ob/midwife/nurse hotline/hospital.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I used to have pains like this with both of my pregnancies and my doctor assured me it was my uterus stretching and growing to accommodate the growing baby. I wouldn't worry much, but, if it helps you feel better, I would absolutely contact your doctor.
    joannakitler

Answer by joannakitler at 11:04 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• GO TO THE DR.... PLEASE. I called my Dr's office and complained about the same thing, the nurse said it could just be my legiments stretching and after having 3 kids I would feel it a lot more than I had with my last 3 pregnancies.....NOPE. I dont mean to scare you but I would want anyone who was in my position to go through what I'm going through now. I have whats called Placenta Abruption, its where the placenta tears away from the Uterus. Dr's dont always know what causes this. But I am now 22 weeks and they were able to detect it early enough to put me on bed rest for the rest of my pregnancy and I will probably not deliver after 32 weeks and will have to have a C-Section. So, when in doubt dont hesitate to get checked out, its better to find out that its nothing rather than something. I hope for your case that its just your uterus stretching!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 11:31 PM on Aug. 9, 2009