Getting rid of brassiness from lightened hair

I have a red/orange undertone in my hair, so brassiness is a big issue. Up until now I have used 20 volume activator with a violet based color. But brassiness keeps creeping in within the week. As a fix, I am using Shimmering Lights conditioner every day. I am not rinsing out the condition, but blow drying a small palm dab throughout my hair. The color I'm using in my permanent color is soy based, so it's supposed to stick a long time (but it doesn't). I condition with ION reconstructor twice a week.

Just this weekend, I used a 30 volume activator. The orange is now yellow. But, I am still using the Shimmering Lights when I blow dry my hair.

What violet/blue based permanent color would you suggest that I can use to become an ash blond without covering up the pretty sparkle with the purple Shimmering Lights conditioner (lacks shimmer)?

Thanks in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I use to have that problem, so now I use 40 volume with a biege bleach, my hair is like a wheat blond now
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 11:35 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Thanks,

What color number and brand do you use?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I would use a toner for your brassiness, such as a light ash blonde. Make sure you use a demi permanent and also, I'm not sure what color the hair color you are buying is, but one of the reasons it might not be staying is because your hair is too light for the color to grap on to. Therefore, it fades.
    BrandyBaby22

Answer by BrandyBaby22 at 1:42 PM on Aug. 10, 2009