how do i get to know people i just moved from iowa to washington and im soo lost..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Travel

• Do you work out? Go to a gym and take some kind of class, and you can get to know the other ladies that may even have similar interests as you. Or maybe signing you kids up for some classes or sports, and get to knows some of the other parents. It must be tough.. keep your head up, and pretty soon you will want your free time back lol.
    ashjacks4

Answer by ashjacks4 at 11:13 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Have you done a google search for any mom groups? That might help. Or just go to places where other moms will be like the playground, kid friendly restaruants, etc. and be outgoing! Good luck!
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 11:15 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• If you have school age kids, start going to PTA meetings

If you went to college, check to see if there is an alumni group in your area

Moms are creatures of habit - go to different parks at different times of day; start conversations.

If you have little ones, and you can afford it, look for tot classes like Gymboree, Kindermusic or Wiggleworms.

Explore your new home! get out and see the sights: museums, downtown, ethnic neighborhoods, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:35 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Where are you in Washington? I might be able to help with suggestions.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:35 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I joined meetup.com and searched for my city. I found MULTIPLE groups in my town that had playdates, parties, all sorts of activities.
    I live in washington too, where are you at?
    jubes

Answer by jubes at 3:39 PM on Aug. 29, 2009