Do you respect others religious beliefs, if they negate yours?

And do you choose to berate them for it, if you do not?

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 11:10 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I respect other beliefs, it is not my place to judge others. Everyone has a right to believe how they wish. I do not respect those that use their religion as an excuse to committ crimes or harm someone else.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:12 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• What would be solved to argue or put them down? All that would cause is negative energy. I dislike chaos tyvm. I'd rather state my POV or keep it to myself. Either way, its not my job to change other persons opinions. I will explain and try to teach if asked. Other than that, I live my life my way and let them live theirs.

SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 11:12 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I don't believe in any religion. I don't ever fight with people about theirs unless they tell me I'm going to hell because I don't believe in god.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:12 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Respect is a two way street. Respect my beliefs and I will respect yours. Berate me for my beliefs, and I shall return the "favor"
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:15 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Yes, I still respect their beliefs, even though I don't agree with them. Reason why, they are acting on what they think is the best for mankind. So I can't hold their misjudgment against them. As far as I go, it's about mankind, and not about a certain god or belief. So in a way, they're right in their own. That's why I don't argue. If they try to convert me, I just tell them that this is a decision best kept personal, because it's a personal decision.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 11:15 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Nope they state what they believe I state what I believe maybe a friendly debate but I'm not going to tell them they're wrong because there is no wrong or right
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 11:17 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I don't care what someone else's religion is...just don't go pushing it on me. And I could care less what anyone thinks of mine...or lack thereof.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• It's very difficult to respect something that reeks of deliberate stupidity. I just have no tolerance for this, and only show respect when it is given to me in return.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:26 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I can appreciate every tree-huggin', moon-watchin', bible-quotin', torah-readin', mass-attendin', allah-lovin', tongue-speakin' person in this world. I may disagree with someone's beliefs, but I'd never fault them for having them. I think we all choose to show respect until we feel threatened by another because of a difference. I don't get threatened easily. If you don't stand in front of me like an ass and yell at me that I'm going to hell because my shirt is purple and not blue like yours, then we're good.
    ErikaRobin

Answer by ErikaRobin at 11:28 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• YES YES YES!!!!! I believe everyone has something important to say.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:33 PM on Aug. 9, 2009