sleeping positions

ok so i know what "they" say, babys should be on there back to sleep to reduce the rick of sids. my only problem with that is that my little gut hates to sleep on his back!! he will fall asleep after ive burped him on my chest and as soon as i lay him down he is up again! if i lay him on his belly he sleeps beautifully for 2-3 hours untill he is hungry again. this is what works best for both of us, i just was wondering how your ladies babys like to sleep?? is this sort of thing normal for babys of is mine special?

mrsmurders

Asked by mrsmurders at 11:23 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• its really common...most babies find a better way to sleep when they can roll over, and its usually not on the back...my son scares me so much when he does this....but he sleeps so good on his belly.....but i practice crib wrapping...its something people in new zealand do, they believe cot death is from chemicals from the mattress that baby gets in the form of gasses....so its a plastic wrap and i feel better if my baby rolls over, they have a supposid non existant crib death rate over there for babies on a wrapped mattress. Might make you feel better. email me if you want more info!
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 11:38 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• my daughter would move after I got her to sleep. She would fall asleep on her back then she'd flip over almost immediately. NOW she sleeps on her side and with a stuffed animal under her chin and she pulls her arm (wrapped in a blanket) up over her head. My husband and I have to go in there after she's in a deep sleep to take the blanket away... so I am sure your son is just more comfortable that way... (just make sure you NEVER have any bleach or chemicals when you clean the crip and the sheets. That was my biggest worry with "helpful" grandparents who came to help clean... ugh)
    KayKayaputie

Answer by KayKayaputie at 11:47 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• my daughter does that too..she will only sleep on her side
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 12:00 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• my son is 3 weeks old now and in the first week I quickly learned he DID NOT like sleeping on his back. He would sleep much better on his side with his hands up by his face, but that stopped working and we discovered he sleeps the best on his stomach. If I try to lay him down on his back, he wakes up almost immediately. Ever since putting him down on his stomach, he will sleep about 4 hours in between feedings at night.
    landons.mama

Answer by landons.mama at 10:50 AM on Aug. 10, 2009