Sleeping Problems!!!!BAD

im 6 weeks and 3 days preggo and even before i found out iwas pregnant i have sleeping problems... i know now that i need rest more than ever... but it literally takes me HOURS to fall asleep i could lay there in the dark forever and be WIDE awake.. as i am now.. sometimes ill b awake until 4 in the morning... if i do fall asleep..i wake up in the middle of the night a lot. then i wake up very earyl and cant go back to sleep even if im exhausted!!! what can be done about this?? anyone know any remedies? i do not believe in medicine so thats not an option i use home remedies natural/homeopathic meds.. any one know any natural medicines i can take that will help me sleep?!

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 4:31 AM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I've heard of sleep MD and it says on the box that it doesn't contain any medication. That it's all natural, but really, I'd ask your doctor.

Answer by Anonymous at 4:36 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• how about trying an acupunturist?

Answer by yael375 at 4:50 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• 5 HTP is a great supplement but check with your ob first. Try some warm really does help. Chamomile tea is helpful too. good luck...I feel your pain

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 4:53 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• thanks Mommas.. ill try the tea.. i absolutely DESPISE milk though LOL :) i just remembered i have hot tea downstairs.. im gunna make some!! :)

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:56 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I have the same problem, there are some nights I get 2 1/2 hours and Im 38 weeks pregnant. I also have a 2 year old a 3 year old and an 8 year old. I have tried reading, watching the news, tylenol pm.... good luck though

Answer by dstny1998 at 5:20 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Valerian to your ob first, but it will help you to sleep. also St. John's Wart. Valerian smells like sweaty feet so you may have a problem taking it, but it does work

Answer by TRyan at 10:26 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• this may seem odd but try working ur brain more now i dont mean that in a rude way but i read something from a dr that if u wear out ur brain, it help u to rest, also stress will keep u up, hot milk, can work as well as baths with oils that r safe in preg u will have to check which ones, stay away from tea coffee and fizz drinks,

Answer by sammy04k at 11:22 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• i still drink tea and will def continue to :) i heard St Johns wart is bad when ur prego im not sure if i beleive it because its natural.... u know? milk-=ew haha :) thanks everyone i appreciate it!

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:14 PM on Jun. 23, 2008