i want to lose 70 pounds!

Please share your success stories, I joined a couple of groups but I know I need to hear more stories or else I'll be demotivated!

pookipoo

Asked by pookipoo at 11:41 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Weight Watcher's is amazing! I've been losing about 2lb a week since I started it. I know tons of people who have lost more than 70lb with it. It's really great. They also have those Smart Ones frozen food things, and those are terrific! The desserts are incredible, too! There's a group on CM called WW for moms who can't go to meetings or something like that. I joined it, and it's been a big help. If you need food ideas that are low cal, but packed full of flavor, check out Hungry Girl. They have a website with e-mails and one or two books. I just bought their cookbook a few days ago and I'm dying to try a couple of things.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:49 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I don't have a success story for you, but just wanted to say good luck! You can do it!!
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 11:47 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Thanks I'm going to try my hardest I'm tired of being obese!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 11:50 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Um I was on the special K for a while and it helped me lose some weight fast but try and stick to it.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 11:52 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Yeah I've been in and out of weightwatchers for like.... four years now... the past three times I didn't do so well but before that (aka before I got pregnant) I never had trouble taking the weight off.. I think I just wasn't motivated enough though, I'll join that group and get an online membership to ww
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 11:53 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Thanks kirsty, I've also heard slim fast works :]
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 11:56 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Im not into slim fast so much. Never fills me
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 12:23 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I lost 50 lbs and did it slowly and kept it off. It took me about a year. I changed my eating habits and increased my movement. I say movement bc I'm not into excercise. I did stretches and weight training (for seniors, that's how lazy i am but it worked!) I stopped eating refined sugar, gave up salt and soft drinks increased water intake. I eat more fresh food and stopped eating out and eating processed food. take vitamins. I now count fat grams and calories. Don't get discouraged bc muscle weighs more than fat so when you get started the weight might go up a bit but once it kicks in it will come off. Remember to eat breakfast. I hate eating breakfast but it's important to jump start your metabolism. Remember to eat enough to push through food waste (tmi?) as it adds weight so don't get all plugged up by not eating much. You will find a good balance of how much to eat. I eat jalapenos to keep things moving!

Answer by admckenzie at 10:50 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• mmmmmm jalapenos
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 11:48 AM on Aug. 10, 2009