Is this normal?(sorry I don't remember if my other children did this)

My newborn shakes a lot. I mean a lot. Is it normal? She is a week & a half. She is also a preemie. I don't know if any of that matters. I am just concern & her doctors office is not open till Tuesday. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Emi did that as a baby. She's 9 months old now and is JUST starting to stop doing it. Ask your doctor if your concerned, but it may just be how she is.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 2:08 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Do you mean she trembles like she's cold? My dd is 11 weeks and she's never done that. Hopefully others on here can be more helpful ;)
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 11:45 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• In a way stepmom929 yes. I know she is not cold. Her whole body will shake starting with her arms & legs & then the rest.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I don't think that's normal but when I try and picture what you're talking about I just picture a seizure and I'm sure it's not that lol. How long has she been doing it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• She has been doing it since day one. When she does it that is what comes to mind is she is having a seizure. I don't remember my other children doing this at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• My daughter never has done that.....:/

Best of luck!! hopefully its nothing at all!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:21 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• It is not normal for her to do that. With her being a preemie you need to take extra caution, don't wait for the doctors office to open, bring her to the E.R for heavens sake. My daughter this this when she was young and she was having seizures, it is in hers and yours best interest to have her checked out by a doctor asap.
    Jortess

Answer by Jortess at 11:50 AM on Aug. 10, 2009