Do you have toys in your living room?

I was just wondering how common it is to have certain toys that are always in the living room. I have a few that are always in mine.

littleguys_rule

Asked by littleguys_rule at 11:45 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yep! The big stuff is in the living room like his jumper, his push toy things and his activity table. Then he has a basket full of other stuff.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:47 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• my sons: bouncy seat, and swing, then he has a small basket w/a rattle, teething toy that kind of thing
    my daughter: has a medium sized basket about a foot by a foot, that has toys in it, the basket can be full but nothing else can be downstairs at the end of the day, so if it doesn't fit in the basket it goes back up to her room
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:49 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• When my kids were newborns, I had the basic baby stuff...swing, bouncer, etc. But, now that they're older, I will not allow any "Kid-Related" item in my living room after bedtime. I don't want my house looking like a day care. I look at toys all day. In the evening when relaxing in peace and quiet, I don't want to look over and see legos, trucks, or dolls all over the place.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Yes and I am trying to organize things so they stay in the kids room but never have any luck with that plan. But I am still going to try.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• We only keep our youngest sons toys in the front room, our oldest 2 have all of thier toys in thier play room. We just have a small plastic collapsable toy bin that we keep them in, we have a large front room so its actually not too much of a problem.
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 11:54 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Yes, we bought a nice wooden toy box with a lid that matches our living room furniture. So when she is not playing with them, they are in the big toy box, except this chair that she has that plays all kinds of music.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:57 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• LOL yeah! I have a toybox full as well as a toy shelf that has three shelves ALL full of toys! lol
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 11:57 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• my daughter and i live in a basement suite, so the living room is the only place for them to be..its a big room tho so her stuff is on one side and the couch's, table and tv are all on the other side..i wish i had a house so i can have a "play room" for her..im sooo sick of seeing toys..lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:01 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Oh good Lord, I have toys in the living room, family room, kitchen, dining room, all bedrooms, all bathrooms, utility room, basement...you cannot walk into a room in my house without knowing we have a kid. And I wouldn't have it any other way! ;-)
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:02 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• My son's bedroom is pretty small, so we spend alot of time in the living room. He has a small basket of books and a small basket of toys in the living room. Plus a few large items like his rocking horse and his Adjust-n-Draw table. He knows before naptime & before bedtime we do "clean up" and he helps put everything away. It really doesn't bother me having some of his stuff in there....I just figure he lives here, too! lol
    TristansMom440

Answer by TristansMom440 at 12:03 AM on Aug. 10, 2009