Will this brown spotting ever go away?

I'm 16 weeks pregnant and have marginal placenta previa. I had a bad bleeding issue about three weeks ago. Ever since than i've been having brown spotting. I just saw my doctor a few days ago and she said brown spotting is old blood. But i've been having this for 3 weeks already. Has anyone else had this? Is it ever going to stop?

ashnin

Asked by ashnin at 11:46 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Are you on bed rest? If your on bed rest and not getting up and down a lot it should stop soon. I'm on bedrest for placenta abruption. I havent bled because the blood is pooled in behind the placenta. If its old blood then I think your safe, just take it easy and stay off your feet as much as possible, pelvic rest. Now if it was bright red, then I'd be worried! I hope it gets better for you!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 11:59 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Usually brown spotting is the older blood still coming out. Like, the end of a period. I had some brown and got freaked out. (In my 3rd trimester) The nurse asked if I had sex in the past few days. (I did like 2 days prior) She said sometimes it can cause a little bleeding, but it's older and just hitting the surface now, so that's why it's darker and thicker.

I've been told if it's fresh or a lot to call and you can keep track by wearing a pad or panty liner, so you can judge the amount and color.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 12:51 AM on Aug. 10, 2009