Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can doctors prescribe something for hemorrhoids??? I had my son 3 weeks ago and they seem to be getting bigger, ive tried everything and they are killing me....

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Answers (3)
  • I am sure they can. Just call & ask. Let them know nothing is working & you would love some type of relief. Good luck.

    Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 11:53 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

  • yes but meanwhile use Tucks. Preparation H is also good for them

    Answer by admckenzie at 11:53 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

  • Preparation H is not good for them and a doc will tell you that...they need to stay dry in the mean need to see a doc and get them removed if they are external...are you able to push them inside?? when you're in the shower and have soap on your bum try pushing them in...if they stay in that's good, if not, then they are external and need to be taken off. you can see a general surgeon or GI specialist. I had one removed when I was 7 months preggo. Use tucks though. after you use the bathroom, take a few and fold them and "tuck" them inbetween your cheeks. it's a bit of relief.

    Answer by calliesmommie at 1:51 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.