How can I get a baby who loves to fall asleep in his swing to fall asleep in something that doesn't require batteries?

I've temporarily solved the problem by getting 4 rechargeable C batteries for his swing, and if all else fails, I'll just get another set of batteries to have on hand so I always have them (and don't have to keep spending tons of money), but I'm just wondering if any other moms have found ways to get their baby to sleep. He doesn't even like to be rocked in my arms, he prefers the swing. I looked into the Amby Baby thing, but it's too expensive, and he won't just fall asleep in his crib. The last couple of nights he nursed to sleep, but tonight he wouldn't even do that. He wouldn't sleep until I put him in his swing. So if anybody has any ideas (that don't cost $300+), let me know!

GothyMama

Asked by GothyMama at 11:56 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We have a swing that plugs into the wall! Battery free!! Woohoo! LOL Good Luck!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 12:01 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I have a friend who's father knows how to wire things that take batteries to a wall charger. He did that for my son's swing since we were going through batteries like crazy. No idea how he does it and I know that doesn't help but maybe you can look up instructions online? It can be done!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• routine.. and keep trying. One of my four did this.. and we just had to keep putting him in his bed.. he would wake up.. we would rock.. walk.. sing and dance to get him to sleep.. put him down.. and wait... when he woke back up.. we did it again.
    Our little guy was a squirmmer.. so the swing was no longer a safe place.. we just had to get him used to falling asleep.. and staying asleep in his crib
    We had a few sleepless nights.. but they do get tired.. and eventually.. they will sleep in the crib.. but it will take a lot of patience.. on your part.. and his. Good luck.
    4xmommy2008

Answer by 4xmommy2008 at 12:40 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• my baby use to onlyfllsleep if somethinwas rocking her what i did was to takeherone step at a tm first dont rush thy learn onhere own i took the swing away and whati did was rock her to sleein my arms then ashe get bigger andkinda heavy to rock by 4 months i would try in the daywhen i havetime for er andjst whnits ie forher nap try t put her in her crib and jst tap her n thesideor on herbacksoshe kn ws yor thr ad let her fall sleep in hr crib its going to take time and patience bt ts gon to be graceful feeing when she caal seep on herownmybaby is5 goig o be6 moths and when i notice shes sleepy i just put her on the bed or her crib and she goes to sleep
    Yesika951

Answer by Yesika951 at 5:25 AM on Aug. 10, 2009