am i a bad mother

im planning on reenlisting n the army after my baby is born, not like the next day but a few months down the road, does this make me a bad mother, i want to do it so my child wont go without anything

dilemma1

Asked by dilemma1 at 12:05 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• Your child will go without something...A mother around.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:07 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• who will look after ur baby?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• my husband would stay home with the baby
    dilemma1

Answer by dilemma1 at 12:09 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• There are plenty of other things you can do to assure that your baby will not go without. My DH works fulltime and I have recently started a part time job to help out with the expenses so that we can live more comfortably. Can your DH not work and be the bread-winner of the family? Why can't he take on the responsibility of financially caring for the child? I'm not saying you're a bad mom. But, I will say every child deserves and needs a constant mother.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• What about joining the coast guard u would see ur baby a whole lot more.
    Anonymous

• Oh wow....I could never do that....I couldn't be away from my child like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Um anon :13 a child also needs a father! You are not a bad mother for wanting to provide for your family. U do what u need to do but consider the coast guard
    Anonymous

I was not saying the DAD should go enlist. I meant for the Dad to find employment in the area so that the mom wouldn't have to go away for such long periods of time. And just b/c the Dad would be working doesn't mean he would not be in the baby's life either. It's just like any Dad going away for a normal 9-5 job. Both parents can't be around your kid 24/7 but they can be around more often even if they're working a regular job. Even if the Dad works a normal job in her area, he'll still be around to spend weekends or days off with his child. At least he's there. So NO I was not saying for the Dad to go away all together!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• understand that a baby needs a mother as well as a father but just because ur a woman and hes a man doesnt mean that u should be a stay at home mom and him work 40 hours a week, my dad stayed home with us and my mom worked,and thank u for protecting us when u were in the service and thank u for wanting to serve again, uve got balls woman
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Joining the military does not mean u cannot see u child everyday! My hubby did it and was treated very well in the coast guard and was stationed on land only 30 mins from where we lived. We were given money for a home hubbies pay was higher because of his location and his marital status and low taxed income. Plus sign on bonus.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Aug. 10, 2009