Why is there a double standard when it comes to evolution and creationism?

It seems as though it's perfectly alright to discuss God as if He exists without a doubt. But when anyone mentions evolution, people go crazy, claiming its false! Why the double standard?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't know, I'm more inclined to believe in evolution..it makes more sense...
    Jan40

Answer by Jan40 at 12:20 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• This is a subject that is almost impossible to discuss without it turning ugly lol. Both sides are convinced that they are right and the other is wrong. I see the majority of discussions being played out in a manner that doesn't really fit into the definition of "discussion" it's more of a God Exists!! No He Doesn't!!! sort of thing or both sides just want to insult the other's intellect.

I really wish that people could communicate in a civil manner regarding this subject, alot more would be gained than both leaving the "discussion" frustrated and having not learned a thing :-)
    MrsHart6

Answer by MrsHart6 at 12:21 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I believe in God and evolution. I believe God gave us the push we needed and had a guiding hand in how we came to be. Every single culture has a similar story about how man was created, it isn't anything that's just in the Bible.
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:31 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I also believe in Creator assissted evolution. And I sometimes have BOTH sides telling me I am crazy, it has to be one way or the other, it can not be both. My response is why not. And never once have I told anyone they HAVE to beleive the same thing I do, I just share my opinion and occasionally try to defned myself if the bashing gets to nasty.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 12:49 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Who? What? Where?

I am a Creationist and all I see is people calling Creationism a crock of religious nonsense. It's most likely all about what you believe and what you're sensitive to.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:52 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I guess because most christians belive that God made the earth and all that's in it and not some accidental chain of events. You're gonna get that reaction from christians. but people who who not believe in God *and a few that do* believe in evolution, in the form that we came from monkeys and whatnot. Also there's an evolution theory that God's plan all along was for evolution. But as I have studied the bible the earth is only about 7000 years old. If you read the lineage up to Jesus' time you get 4000 years. Then we all know that Jesus came about 2000 years ago, wether we believe it was real or just a rumor/story. So theres 6000 now we are going into the 7000. To God a day for him is 1000 years as I have studied so it's only been almost a wek since thise whole thing started. But agian this is from my christina perspective. If you believe in evolution you have your reason, I do not judge.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 12:58 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Those who believe in God believe that the Bible is authentic and tells the story. Not to mention at SOME point intelligent design MUST come in. Who created the first creature that evolved? Who created the chemicals or molecules causing the Big Bang? At some point there has to be divine intervention.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 1:20 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I think evolutionists treat creationists more like crazies than the other way around. Evolution still can not be proved, that is why it is a theory. Having said that why is it taught in schools as fact? Questions are not permitted or are barely tolerated, any attempt to have a discussion is put down as sill superstition.  How do I know this, I experienced in growing up and now my daughter has.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:45 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• The only thing that evolution means is change. It is nonsense when it goes any further than that like evolving from something into something else.
    I did not come from anything except of how God made it happen.
    Anything else is plain old fairy tales and garbage.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 3:54 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Actually, I'm a Christian and I believe in something called Intelligent Design. Meaning that yes, evolution has / does occur, but that it is being guided and dictated by God.

I read a very good book written by a scientist that has spent extensive time doing studies with evolution, and it was his studies that led him to believe that it's such a complex process, it would have to be intentionally done. I'm sorry, I can't remember the name of the book, but basically one of the examples it gave was the eye. If the premise is that evolution is a fluke mutation that gave a benefit that was passed on, then eyes would not exist. Because it takes so many parts, the eye parts itself, the optic nerve, the parts of the brain that process the images, etc, that if any one of those parts are not in place/ working, you can't see.

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 6:10 AM on Aug. 10, 2009