Searching for biological parents........

I did a few searches just now and found nothing. Is there a totally FREE people finder service that actually delivers?

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 12:12 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Adoption

• try www.pipl.com
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• With my daughter we simply sent out a letter to all the men in the area that had the same last name that we were looking for. We didn't accuse them of fathering her but rather stated some basic info and said that if he was the father and was interested please contact her. We also said that we were sending this letter out to multiple people in the hopes of finding him so that any wives, etc would know that we weren't accusing her husband of fathering a child. We got one sorry not the father and one that was the father and wanted to meet with her. We already knew mom was dead and we were in contact with the grandmother.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:40 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• did you check out the international soundex reunion registry?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Am I understanding then that you have names? If so, yes. They're called Search Angels and are volunteers who are dedicated to reuniting people separated by adoption. There is a yahoo group, sorry don't have a link, and there is also a resident search angel in my reunion group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/14715/forums/read/9480523/Search_Angel   Hope to hear about your reunion soon :)

onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 2:42 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• i did my own serch just found out everything my mom could tell me and i found my father in a state jail
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 4:06 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• you can also try networking sites like MySpace and Facebook maybe? I was adopted but my adoption, as I found out as an adult, was an exeption. My parents knew the aunt and uncle of my biological family so it was easy for me. I hope that you can find them. Good luck!
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 7:53 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• If you have a name, try using www.zabasearch.com. That will show you all the names and addresses and phone numbers of people with that name. You can even search by name with state to help narrow it down. It is all done with public records, but in a nice convenient area.
    angelmama081007

Answer by angelmama081007 at 1:55 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• this may sound weird, but if you know their names you could always try facebook and myspace, and start from there. Its not a guarantee, but you may see something that could point to your parents. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:34 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I may be way off, but try ancesters.com, or peoplefinders.com, their both free to search, and I would go to your local health department or the hospital where you were born, they may be able to help you. Good luck with your search.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 11:37 AM on Aug. 15, 2009