Do you have times where you and your husband just don't connect?

Ugg.... we just can't get on the same page lately and I am exhausted. I miss him because we are normally very close and compatable, but lately he is a grump and it seems like we just cannot get along.

Anyone else go thru these phases?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• uh, all the time.. hate it.. maybe he's just dealing with his own manly stuff and it really has nothing to do with you.. us women seem to think that it's always us, like we did something to cause this change.. not always true.. maybe he's dealing with work issues, or the fact that he's getting a few extra wrinkles, or a few extra pounds, you know men go through alot of the things women go through, they just deal with it differently, women, bitch moan, and complain, and cry about things, men don't express themselves like we do.. just wait it out and he'll come around soon... or you could try to ask if there's anything bothering him that he would like to talk about.. he may want to open up..
    RykersMom07

Answer by RykersMom07 at 12:23 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• We are soo different, but even though we get mad at each other, after 7yrs we know our differences compliment each other and when we start to blow up, we realize it and just shut up for a few minutes until we're ready to talk.

Today I was putting away half of a huge sheet cake and he was butting in and being a turd. He started getting frusterated and I told him where to go, so we both shut up and about 5 minutes later we had to deal with it, realized what each other were saying and had a little giggle about it.

I think everyone goes through that. You just learn different ways to deal that fit your personality and each other's needs.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 12:45 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I've been with my fiance for 2.5 years now so I've seen him go through all his moods. Yes, he gets distant occasionally. But I've found that it happens when he gets stressed over something. It has nothing to do with me and when he gets this way, I just give him the space he needs (which means letting him be quiet with himself) and he gets over it whenever it is gets fixed or resolved. Every November he goes through his busy season at work. So he gets very preoccupied. It made his ex wife mad. But I'm fine with it and know it has nothing to do with me and wait for it to end.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 3:31 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• yes, we're going through that right now..we've been married for 3 yrs and 2 kids later...lately there's been no affection, no kisses goodnight..when we started dating he wouuld call or text just to say he loved me or missed me...I know it probably won't be like that again but anything right now would help...if you figure out what to do, let me know...
    Jan40

Answer by Jan40 at 11:16 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• OP. Jan40. that is exactly it. Affection is down, but DH just seems to be on the edge of a fight all the time. I feel like he is TRYING to pick a fight with me. Lately he is just in a constant bad mood and unhappy with our life. He will say harsh things about our house or car... they are not the greatest, but I am okay with where we are now. We are doing what we need to do to be able to afford to buy (not rent) a house next year and our car my have to just do until we can afford a change. But it is fine, a perfectly respectable car. He just seems so unhappy and disgusted with our things. Sometimes I feel like he doesn't even like me anymore. Like he is happier to just be around his friends. I am not sure what to do to fix this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Aug. 10, 2009