Has anyone tried...Your baby can read?

If so what was the outcome

Aerbennett

Asked by Aerbennett at 12:17 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No, I haven't. I have been contemplating buying it because I babysit my friends nephew and he is only one month younger than my daughter who is 3 months old. I wonder, too, if it works.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 12:27 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• We have it for my daughter and she is really interested in it, but we're not consistent enough with it to see results yet.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:34 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• i would really really love to have this.. but.. since it's out of my budget.. i guess my baby is gonna have to wait to read.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I have it. It's actually my 7 month old's favorite video series...but I don't show him any others so it's by default. lol He will watch one whole video no complaints in a seated chair! Sometimes I can get him to watch 2! If anything, it teaches them while you go about doing your morning routine and you don't feel so guilty making them watch tv so young. It is pretty darn pricey though. If you can't afford it, try looking on ebay for used versions. Just get the videos, the extra stuff you can make based off the videos. I do need to work with my lo more though after the video is over with his books and flash cards. He only shakes his head no so far, that's from the video, I never taught him that.
    Pristine_Dream

Answer by Pristine_Dream at 12:55 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Pristine at what age did u start and what's the actual cost outside of the trial
    Aerbennett

Answer by Aerbennett at 1:14 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Read:
    Einstein never used flash cards
    :) Books like this will really open your eyes that the "important" things we are pushing onto our kids are just not that important!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:50 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Personally I would do some research on Babies and watching ANY type of TV or videos. My children do not watch any TV. Babies/todlers under the age of 2 should rarely watch anything. My daugher will be 2 in Sept & has only watched about 5 hours of TV in that whole time. She has learned to play on her own while mommy does chores, she did even at 7 months old. The only thing I will let my 4 month old see is the video that shows a live fish tank with music to it. Good luck on this and like I said I would really do some home work on this. I know parents want the best for thier kids, but trying to make a genius out of a bady could end up hindering thier developing minds in the process. Don't let the companies who sell these products tell you its ok either. I have read information that specificly says that things like this are not as good as the company will tell you. Reading & talking to your kids is the best. Good Luck!!!
    Noble_One

Answer by Noble_One at 2:05 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I recently read something pretty interesting that has to do with YBCR.... Before the age of 1 a kid cannot focus on words unless it is 4inches tall & is RED... By the age of 2 I believe it has to be 3'' tall to get a childs full attention...
    thought that was neat...
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:08 AM on Aug. 10, 2009