Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

another question about hemorrhoids

would i call my ob/gyn for this problem since it happend during pregnancy or should i find a general practioner??? just dont know if my ob can do anything about it.. or is this like something any dr can help with

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Answers (3)
  • ur ob would prob want u to see a gp since u had ur baby already

    Answer by mama2my2boys at 12:40 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

  • Yeah, your gp will recommend something further like a proctologist if need be.

    Answer by Pristine_Dream at 12:47 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

  • you can see a general surgeon and sometimes if they are external and not able to be pushed inside then you will need it removed. I had one removed in the office when i was 7 months was a relief to get rid of it but for a day or two after it was the worst pain I had ever felt and it will bleed a LOT, so just be prepared and make sure you take pain meds for a day or two to get over the worst of it. But trust me after a couple days, it's a huge relief. External hemorrhoids are vERy painful.

    Answer by calliesmommie at 1:48 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.