another question about hemorrhoids

would i call my ob/gyn for this problem since it happend during pregnancy or should i find a general practioner??? just dont know if my ob can do anything about it.. or is this like something any dr can help with

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ur ob would prob want u to see a gp since u had ur baby already
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 12:40 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Yeah, your gp will recommend something further like a proctologist if need be.
    Pristine_Dream

Answer by Pristine_Dream at 12:47 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• you can see a general surgeon and sometimes if they are external and not able to be pushed inside then you will need it removed. I had one removed in the office when i was 7 months pregnant.....it was a relief to get rid of it but for a day or two after it was the worst pain I had ever felt and it will bleed a LOT, so just be prepared and make sure you take pain meds for a day or two to get over the worst of it. But trust me after a couple days, it's a huge relief. External hemorrhoids are vERy painful.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:48 AM on Aug. 10, 2009