Has Depo Provera affected your sex drive?

I have been on Depo provera almost 6 months (two rounds) and I honestly could care less if I ever have sex again. Like my drive is at 0. Has this happened to anyone else on depo or is this from something else. My life isnt really stressful and Im not depressed or on any medications besides the BC.

SaturnsMom

Asked by SaturnsMom at 12:34 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• yes this has always happened to me . i have been on for about a year now and have very little interest in sex . at first i thought it just the stress of having two toddlers, working full time at a stressful job and having a house to take care of .... but i have talked to few others with the same issue.. i have an appointment with my obgyn next week to figure out a different form of birth control for me , Im not ready for another baby but i do want my sex drive back and im sure my DH does too :)
    ssdm4ever

Answer by ssdm4ever at 12:42 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I actually could have cared less about sex before I got on the depo shot but now I'm more into sex and I've been wanting it more
    kimosgirl08

Answer by kimosgirl08 at 12:44 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• it has not happend to my iv been on for 1 month
    but it does kill my tummy
    and make me feel really sick
    so i got to switch BC lol
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 12:45 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Yeah, my sex drive went out the window too, it also made me drier and kinda made sex painful.
    KayLundy3

Answer by KayLundy3 at 1:14 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I have been on the shot for 2 years almost now and for the first shot or so I did feel not interested in sex but my sex drive came back and now I find myself wanting it more, not as much as before I had a kiddo...lol...but more then right after I had my son.
    Mom2Dano

Answer by Mom2Dano at 1:49 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• oh yes i was on it for 3 years and had no sex drive the whole time!! Then after I got off of it i was back to myself again. now i am on the iud and have no problems!! You should think about switching brith contrals.
    shortey26

Answer by shortey26 at 4:19 AM on Aug. 10, 2009