Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

STBX husband wants visitation?!

Our almost 2 yr old son was traumatically injured when he was a baby, now special needs. Children services has yet 2 clear my ex 2 be alone with our son. I never suspected ex of hurting our son, cops routinely wanted 2 clear family first. I still think the sitter is the 1. Either way, ex has threatened 2 take custody no matter what. He became an alcoholic after our sons injuries & now has a new gf who just so happens 2 be a nurse. I justifiably don't trust anyone w/ my son. Ex never learned how 2 care for son's daily needs let alone the med dosage or how 2 care for his G-tube. I told him he didn't know how 2 care for him even if he was cleared 2 be alone with him & he was all proud saying "OH, well, I'm marrying a nurse!"as if that would help in his fight! Would it? I'm concerned about this "nurse," she is an alcoholic 2 & has 2 children. Can he get visitation? Don't want 2 deny him visits, just want son 2 be safe/healthy.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

Answers (3)
  • I don't think that Children's Serivices is going to clear him to be alone with him. Especially if he doesn't know how to take care of his special needs.

    Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:07 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

  • all you have to do is tell the children's services, lawyer, or judge ALL of his problems and tell them that they BOTH are alcholics and that he has never ever known how to care for your son. Tell them everything. you obviously have a lot against him...and it will benefit you! judges arent THAT stupid to not see the alcholism or not knowing how to take care of a special needs child. im sure you will be alright in the end. i dont think eh will get visitation alone. esp if someoen hurt him.

    Answer by Keeely07 at 1:41 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

  • Do you have any proof that they are alcoholics? I have trouble with that because if she is really an alcoholic AND a working nurse, then you definately need to report that to someone. If you, on the other hand, just don't like the idea of her caring for your child, you may need to start adjusting yourself to the idea. It is difficult to keep a child from either of their parents (thank goodness because think of how that could be abused if it wasn't).

    BUT, if you really have evidence of all these issues then you definately need to report them to SOMEONE, anyone.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:18 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.