moms who also go to school

does anyone ever ask you 'do you work?' And you say 'no I go to school' and they're like 'oh.'

I don't get it, do people expect us to shrivel up and die because we're moms? Even on facebook and myspace when I say something 'intellegent' (the latest example is when I made an update about the electra complex) my hs friends in college tried to educate me on what that was and I was like 'ummmm I know. I had a baby I didn't fall off the face of the earth'

Really, am I the only one who feels this way?

pookipoo

Asked by pookipoo at 12:44 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am a ten mom and I am a Junior in high school. People are always like "It is really too bad you aren't in school, it is so important." and I am in school. I am not sure why people assume that moms cant continue education and some socializing.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 1:09 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I get that sometimes, mostly with my "best friend" who's a guy. I go to school and work so when people ask me I just say I'm wonder womam.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:56 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• i did to i had both my kids in med school roseliana wuz my first and it wuz rlly hard to leave her it wuz easier wit larry but still hard but our moments together then wuz a little more special i go on and now i hav a career and 2 wonderful kids who luv me just the same
    momnamedeva

Answer by momnamedeva at 12:56 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Oh dude, I am sooooo glad I have graduated already. Just look toward the prize at the end and don't let anyone bother you.

Then again, I worked night jobs...so I was also working too...
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 12:57 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Oh yes, some people think I'm selfish for going to college while my husband works his butt off.
    What people don't know, though, is that I am also a full-time "mom" to my 6 month old granddaughter who lives with me, I maintain the housecleaning and the meals, I keep all the laundry clean for 6 people, I care for our pets, I maintain what I can of our yard, I am the accountant of the family who maintains the budget, balances the checkbook, and pays the bills, I run all the errands and am the taxi for everyone who needs to go to activities, friends, doc appts, or anywhere else.
    My husband has a tough and demanding job, but he needs my help at home so he can keep his focus on his job and not worry about things at home. My going to college is a luxury that I've earned through 20 years of working my butt off in dead-end jobs.
    Ahhhh, that felt so good to get that out of my system....lol.
    Thanks for asking! ♥
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:02 AM on Aug. 10, 2009