Retarded

Who else hates when people use this word derogatorally?!

lmsar

Asked by lmsar at 12:54 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I hate when people use it period. It has such a negative connotation now, that people should never use it at all.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:55 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Horrible... some people just use it over and over...
    Another word I hate when people use it is "gay"...
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 12:58 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I guess you're right! I feel the same way!
    lmsar

Answer by lmsar at 12:58 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I used to agree with you and then my kids became teens. And between the ages of 11 and 14 they act retarded. I have not met one exception.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I use the word, but not as a bad thing. If someone is being goofy or silly i'll say "you're retarded" in a playful way... the word dumb can mean someone who cannot speak.. Which is a disability also and no one complains about that. I think as long as its not being used in a bad way its not a bad thing. People now days have new explanations for words. Such as the word 'Gothic'... Gothic is a 12 century style... But people use it to describe a certain type of person or music or clothing type.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• i find nothing wrong with that word.....i take care of retarded people for a living and actully they are pretty smart so to me its just a word and i hate it when people get all anual when i say i take care of retarded people and they say DONT SAY THAT ummm well they are
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• What if you had to go through the trials and tribulations of a special needs child? Or go through the sh*t the parents of special needs children have to go through?! Maybe just maybe you'd let your tongue bleed!!!
    lmsar

Answer by lmsar at 1:08 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• so what your point?
    rubipresiosa1

Answer by rubipresiosa1 at 1:08 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• You have children, otherwise you wouldn't be on this site! How would you feel if adults and their children made fun of your children or called them names?! It just shouldn't be used, just like "gay!" Maybe they should have a commercial for this word too!
    lmsar

Answer by lmsar at 1:14 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Ummm I do have a special needs child. I still think teens are retarded. I think my special needs child is special, not retarded thank you very much. I would thank you not to become offended on my behalf as not allowing me to laugh at my life is more offensive then mere words.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Aug. 10, 2009