What miracle got your baby to sleep through the night?

seriously im going to lose it. my dd is almost 6 months and i cant even get 6 straight hours of sleep. How do i get her on a schedule? Her dad has her during the day while i work and i work. Ill try anything

SaturnsMom

Asked by SaturnsMom at 12:57 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It will be over before you know it.

Cherish the night time moments with your baby :)
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 12:59 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I used music. Not just baby music either. Her favorite song is "Drops of Jupiter" by Train. I swear that song will shut her up mid-cry, lol. Its something that they have to grow into though, usually, so dont be surprised if it doesnt work right away.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 1:00 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Oh, and as far as the whole scheduling thing. You and Daddy have to work together. I can not stress this enough.
    This is what I use:

Break fast when she wakes up (about 8:00 or 9:00)
    bottle and nap two hours or so after
    two hours after that lunch
    two hours after that bottle and nap
    two hours after that dinner
    two hours after that bottle
    At 10:00 or 10:30 bath, lotion, and bed

It works fine for us, but remember, every baby is different.

P.S. DO NOT PICK HER UP AT NIGHT OR DO MIDNIGHT FEEDINGS!!!! Shush her, rub her belly or something else, she may be too use to you doing that and expects it
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 1:09 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Babies sleep through the night?
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 1:31 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• The only think I can suggest is try as hard as you can to feed her as much as you can during the day. The thought behind this, according to my nursing book, is that older babies may wake up hungry because they are not getting enough calories during the day to last then through the night. I took this idea and applied it to my both my kids early. This worked great with my first (girl) & is starting to work with my 2nd (boy), who is now 4 mo. Although he is bigger than my girl was at the same age and needs more food. My girl started sleeping 8 hours at 8 weeks & by 11 weeks it was 11 hours & stayed that way about 90% if the time. The eating schedual posted above is what I used (naps different though). Feed until she refuses to eat more. I did all of this with my first and it worked great & will do the same for my 2nd & hope it works for him too. Good Luck!
    Noble_One

Answer by Noble_One at 1:39 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• "Babies sleep through the night?"

ITA! Emi is 9 months and wakes up every 2 hours if I'm LUCKY.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 2:07 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I actually made this same comment on here a while back about my dd and someone suggested a warm bottle, warm bath, with warm clothes...i started doing it...and it worked WONDERS!! My babies love being warm...so it worked but some don't. We have thick sleepers and even though we live in the south and it's hot as ever down here they love those things. They started sleeping 11hrs/12 hrs. a night at 3 months
    newmom2bgtwins

Answer by newmom2bgtwins at 2:10 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• My daughter will be 6 months next week and she still doesn't sleep all through the night. Although, we do have her on a schedule(except we just moved into our new house, so she's been a little off lately, things are getting back to normal though.) She gets a bath every night between 930 and 10, lotion, wrapped up, breastfed, and sleeps. Then she'll wake up at 330 and 630 and when daddy gets up for work at 8 he puts her in bed with me until around 10 when she's hungry again. I've tried a lot of stuff, including feeding her as much as I can during the day. I noticed the less naps she gets during the day, the more restless she is in the middle of the night. We did start rice cereal a few weeks ago, and that seems to make her fall asleep faster at bedtime, but she still wakes up at 330. I don't know... I love waking up with her at night, though, I don't work either. Good luck!
    nico409ant

Answer by nico409ant at 2:26 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• my babygirl is 2months 1 week and shes been sleeping thru the night since about 4-5 weeks and i think its cuz i got her on a nightly routine..as soon as the umbilical cord fell off, i started giving her baths every night..she would eat, than bathe, then get a massage with lotion, and she used to sit and hang out for a lil bit afterwards, but now shes so used to it that she just goes right to sleep..shes asleep by 830 every night and if shes not, she is not a happy camper! i usually start her bath around 730 and if shes not in the bath around that time shes fussing..she knows now.
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 3:01 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• try a shot of whiskey...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:31 AM on Aug. 10, 2009