Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dental issues

My brother doesn't have insurance right now and is in between jobs. He has a serious issue with one of his teeth, and absess of some kind. I know that you cannot be denied treatment at an ER, but they just gave him antibiotics and pain killers. Is there anyway for him to get dental treatment for this? He has no money to pay and we have no money right now to pay for him. HELP!! Any info would be great.


Asked by Petie at 1:07 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Health

Level 7 (170 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • I would try and call a few dentist and tell them your situation and see if they will do payment arangments. He has to get that taken care of it will drive him crazy I know. Just be sincere and they will prob help. I hope it gets better!

    Answer by bubbaelea22 at 1:18 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

  • I don't think they can do anything else right now w/ an absessed tooth. I think they have to wait for the infection to clear up 1st but after that I'm unsure what can be done w/ no insurance. Wish I could be more helpful.

    Answer by lmsar at 1:17 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

  • Yes, definitely call the dentist and explain the situation. They might be willing to make some payment arrangements. Many dentists will do that. Its good that he has antibiotics. That will keep the infection down, but it wont cure the problem. Im glad hes got something for pain too. I hate when drs make people suffer unnecessarily in pain. Definitely call. The worst they can say is no. Most of them are very compassionate. You never know, it might not be as bad as he thinks. Good luck and tell your brother I hope he feels better.

    Answer by momofsaee at 7:55 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

  • Google "Community Health Centers" to find the master Web site of government-run health clinics that will see anyone, regardless of their ability to pay. You can drill down to find the location of a clinic near you; many have dental services.


    Answer by rkoloms at 9:11 AM on Aug. 10, 2009