my soon to be exhusband won't bring my things back...

so i left my husband in november of 08 when i was 7 months pregnant because he was being emotionally,verbally, and slightly physically abusive to me. He told me he would bring my furniture back to me in may, but "didn't have the money" (he is 12 hrs away from me) so i decided to go with a ford explorer and just get what i could to downsize in june, and he said he would bring the rest at the end of july. I now have my own place and no furniture because he refuses to bring my things to me. I am paying for our child because he hasn't been served the papers from the canadian government yet. he is supposed to bring my things to the city where his mom lives which is 2 hrs from me and i was going to pick it up, he is moving next weekend and doesn't have the storage for my things and demands i pay for the storage unit. (remind you he has a girlfriend who he bought a horse for) i'm a single mom working a part time job.i can't afford it

HanahsMom09

Asked by HanahsMom09 at 1:07 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• whats the question?
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:11 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I didnt actually read this whole question because it is too long and I dont have the patience but I would like to assume that if he is with-holding your belongings you can sue him to either get them back or be paid money for him to keep them. If it is that he wont bring them to you then you should find a friend or family member who has money for storage or enough gas money to go get it.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 1:12 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• uhh no. if he's suppose to bring it to you or his mom so YOU can pick it up.. why the hell should it be in the storage unit? tell him to give it to you now. or you can sue him for withholding YOUR belongings
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 1:35 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• In my mind you left, and it sounds like it was a justified reason in leaving, but at any rate you left so why should he bring you your things 12 hours away? It doesn't sound like he is a nice guy to begin with, so why would you think he would go out of his way to bring you your things, which would be a favor to you? If I were you I would somehow find a way to get a rental truck and go get my stuff myself.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:38 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• by the way, he and his mom are both in canada
    HanahsMom09

Answer by HanahsMom09 at 10:57 AM on Aug. 11, 2009