in the process of collecting,24 hr urine for creatinineclearance i forgot one time and miss it once should i continue the process or should i start all over again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Health

• I have to do those all the time. Just continue. but try not to miss anymore.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:09 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• yes what soonmommy said and mention it to your OB
    CSRodriguez

Answer by CSRodriguez at 1:46 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Im pretty sure that it is very important to have the full 24 hour collection. I honestly would start over, but you can continue and then check with your doc before you take it to the lab just to make sure you dont need to do it all over again. Its important to have all the urine so they can get an accurate level of your kidney function
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 1:52 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• if you want accurate test results you need to restart the procedure. just get another container and start the procedure all over again. there's no reason to have that testing done when you already know going in that the specimen is inaccurate for testing.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:25 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Well if you take the advice of all these other peeps, I suggest you ask your doctor for an additional day. cuz if you start all over your gonna need another 24hrs to do it. I'm sorry ladies, but missing one pee is not going to throw of the test. I Do these all the time and I miss at least one time. I tell my doc, the say its ok. by the way I have kidney disease, which is why I have to take these test.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 2:44 PM on Aug. 10, 2009