Bottles

Im starting my shopping now(4 months pregnant) and I'm a little confused on bottles. What size and how many should I buy?

Thanks for the advice :)

youngfirsttimer

Asked by youngfirsttimer at 1:26 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• r u going to formula feed only??
    i reccomend dr brown bottles theyre awesome
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:31 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I like the NUK bottles the mouth is larger and it's harder to miss the hole while you are sleep deprived! I had a bunch of 4oz bottles that I used all the time but my son ate a couple ounces so often, it was annoying he seemed to eat all day long but if I fed him more less often he would puke. But I'd have 3 or 4 4oz bottles and probably 6 or so 8oz. That seems like a reasonable # to me. It just depends on the momma!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I would buy bottles that vent out air, that way the baby don't get gassey cuz then he/she will cry if they get to much gas
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:41 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Thanks guys... I was looking at the dr.browns bottles looks pretty good, still trying to find the NUK bottles, but thanks bunches for the amount, I was thinking more 4oz bottles, I may just take it as a splurge and buy a few of everything!
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 1:46 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I used and still use Born Free. they are BPA free and have a vent system that prevents gas. My daughter is almost a year old and has NEVER had gas problems. She was mainly breastfed for the first 6-7 months then I pumped and bottle fed but I love them....by the way I have 4-4 oz. bottle and 2-8 oz. bottles....I wash them once to twice a day and I usually have enough.

If you plan of breastfeeding, then just feed on demand and you won't need the bottles right away. If you're bottle feeding from the start, you will most likely use the smaller bottles. Their tummies are so tiny that they will only take small amounts at first. You don't want them to get too much then they spit up and get tummy aches. Good luck and congrats!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:46 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• DROP INS!!!!
    lol idk. I don't plan on using bottles but I have drop ins and vent air in case I have to
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 1:51 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• If you plan on breastfeeding, which is best of course, you should look into a type called Adiri bottles. They are pricy, but I never had an issue with bottle refusal when my kids did use it (As early as a few weeks old with my son). I only baught a few since using bottles was not my primary thing. They are easy to wash up, only have two parts & a cap, can be filled and capped while holding a baby (which I have done) & and have a special one way air vent at the bottem to reduce the swallowing of air thing. I also like the Breastflow that you can get at target, but not air flow valve. Both bottles are wide mouth type and both have a nice domed shape that is more breast like. The Adiri only comes in an 8oz, but of course you don't have to put that much in it. The Breastflow comes in the 4oz and up. If not breast feeding I have no idea how many, sorry. Good luck!!
    Noble_One

Answer by Noble_One at 1:52 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• i like first year soothie bottles, and now that son is older we use gerber comfi.
    BillyKraftsMom

Answer by BillyKraftsMom at 5:32 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I used drop in bottles at first but they leaked everywhere if needed to shake the bottle. I just used the cheap walmart brand bottles. They worked just fine for me. I have probably 20 bottles both 5 oz bottles and 8 oz bottles. But you really only need like 8 to 10 cuz they take up lots of room. Invest in a bottle rack to hold them :) Good luck on congrats! :)
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 8:58 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• DROP IN BOTTLES ARE THE BEST!!!!!
    trl30

Answer by trl30 at 11:38 AM on Aug. 10, 2009