MY BABY 4YEARS OLD SHE DON'T NEVR TAKE A NAP. I WANNA KNOW WAT CAN I DO FOR HER TO TAKE A NAP ONCE A DAY??FOR ONE OR TWO HOURS.

M0MMIESGIRL

Asked by M0MMIESGIRL at 1:33 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• maybe she doesnt need a nap anymore.... shes already four one more yr & shell be in school where they have no nap time...i would try & get her used to it now...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:36 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• My 4 year old stopped taking naps at 12 months, there was nothing I can do to make him take a naps and if he does fall asleep in the car for 10 minutes he don't go to be till 2 or 3 a.m

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:37 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• We are here to unite all moms together to reflect their ideas and share their needs and wants.. Lets create the new ERA for moms..Come moms lets shout in bharatmoms.com
    bharatmoms

Answer by bharatmoms at 3:09 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Every kiddo is different. Some do nap time, some don't. But, I can say if you're needing a little extra downtime while little missy is running full throtle, try some of these ideas..... Keep a schedule. Get up early, eat, go for a walk, snack time, chores, lunch, play outside, snack time, read a book or snuggle on the couch together,(a nap could follow), dinner, bath, story/hugs/kisses, and bedtime. Chances are, if you keep your little one busy and active, they're gonna wind down some part of the day. Hope this helps!
    experiencedmoma

Answer by experiencedmoma at 5:10 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Your PRESCHOOLER is 4 years old and probably doesn't need a nap any longer. Why would you try to force a child to go to sleep? If she "don't nevr" take a nap, she obviously doesn't need it and you can't force her to sleep no matter how much you "wanna".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• You can't "force" them to nap if they don't want to. My oldest stopped napping at 2. She's 9 and has taken like 2 naps in the last year. The only time she ever naps is if she is really sick (which rarely happens to begin with) or spends the night at her friend's house and they stay up all night, lol. When she was 2/3 and her siblings were babies I would make her have quiet time in her room for an hour while they napped (and I took a break). She liked to play quietly by herself so it worked out.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:50 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• My oldest stopped napping at 2. She had been fighting it for quite a few months at that point.

The best you can do is get her to have a quiet time either spent alone in her room quiet or watching TV or something similar where she isn't allowed to play loud games or roughhouse.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 12:17 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• My 2 year old rarely takes a nap--and if she does, i don't let her sleep longer than an hour, because then she either won't go to bed or she wakes me up at 4 am thinking its time to play. --I say just let her be--she probably doesn't need a nap everyday anymore--and when she's in school, she won't get one, so you don't want to mess her up for next year.
    Lanasmom

Answer by Lanasmom at 1:20 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I don't think she wants to nap anymore.

I don't know many 4 year olds that do - mine stopped napping around 18months.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:28 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• some kids stop taking naps. It's that simple. We need them more than little kids!

Answer by admckenzie at 1:55 PM on Aug. 10, 2009