blood clot after birth

my midwife told me that I shouldn't pass blood clots as big as my fist. well I haven't had any that big but the amount of little ones I have at one time sure add up to it. I have a lot of lower back pains as well. every time I go pee I get a clot that oozes until I pull it out. is this normal or should I talk to my midwife about it? (oh and the baby is only 3 days old)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• thats normal i had that for 6 weeks
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:44 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I'd mention it if you're worried, but as far as I know that's normal. I freaked out because I passed one the size of a golf ball on my birthday (one week after giving birth, exactly). Scared the daylights outta me. But small ones, even a lot, is pretty normal. Just mention it to her if you're worried. There are no stupid questions.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:44 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• yea thats normal..i got really scared too when i passed one like about the size of a golf ball maybe just a lil bit bigger, but not bigger than my fist..that was the day after i left the hospital and i went to the ER cuz i didnt know that was normal...the hospital didnt do a very good job of informing me of things to watch for and things to worry about and what not to worry about..needless to say, i will never go back to that hospital.
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 2:54 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I ended up passing about 3 the size of an egg and then one a little smaller. I only bled for about 2.5 weeks too. After I passed the first one I called the Dr. because I was nervous and they said as long as the bleeding lets up again after the clot and you feel your uterus and it is still firm and below your belly button it should be ok. If you're worried though, call your Dr. and ask them. That's what they are there for and at least they can give you piece of mind.
    JoeyJrsMomma

Answer by JoeyJrsMomma at 3:02 PM on Aug. 10, 2009