How do I deal with an angry boy?

My little boy is eight and he is very angry and he screams at his older sister no matter what she says.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 AM on Jun. 23, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I think it might be the age. My son is also 8 and is constantly yelling at his younger brother and sister(3 and 2)like hes the dad. Wish I had advice but we are in the same boat!
    dstny1998

Answer by dstny1998 at 5:06 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• If your other child is younger it might be attion. I think your son needs attion. He yells at his sister to get u to notice him, Thats how my two boys are. To my oldest it does not matter if it's good or bad attion. So, What I do is take my oldest son to Mcd's or bugerking for a breakfast or the movies every once in awhile just me and him. It hleps him because it use to be just me and him before our family grew. He was the only one for 6 years and now he has to share. It help to let him know u still connect with him.
    nikkimia

Answer by nikkimia at 5:36 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Why is he angry? He is old enough for you to communicate with him directly about his feelings and behavior, and find some solutions to address the issues that are REALLY bothering him. Give him some suggestions for appropriate ways to express his anger, and remind him when he loses control of those options. (Talkalos with his sister about the fact that you are trying to deal with this, and ask her to be patient with him and/or stay away from him as much as possible - meaning don't "push his buttons" during this period of time when he is attempting to learn anger management and self-control.) Good Luck!
    DivaMomCC

Answer by DivaMomCC at 8:50 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• ok i have an 8 yr old, and he went though they same thing, but then he has had it tough and i can understand why he is angry, all his life he has been up n down with things like moving me being with his dad then not, me having more children with my now husband, but the thing to hit him the hardest was when he dad said last sep he didnt want to see him anymore, how did we deal with this first of i talked to him about things to find out whats going on in his mind, he was also havin trouble at school so i sorted that, and moved on to the other things, like his dad, and just say to him when his dad stops being silly he will want to see him again, i also disipline him for the things he shouldnt be doin, i also invole him more in family thing like helpin round the house ect, you should find that by talking to him he will say whats up that i found to be the best way to go good luck..
    sammy04k

Answer by sammy04k at 11:19 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• hell im a 39 female and i have the same promblem hes 8 inspeclical ed 1st gradetwice but froreason and goinginto sconande he has alot of tempers to hebored and lonely and running out of friend s hes bored lonleytake thinks away somties
    Anonymous