Wic flexibility?

I got Good Start for both my kids from birth to age one... at 1st I had to bring in a dr's note every single time but then pediatrician got annoyed and wrote them a huge long letter stating it was permanent and to call him with questions or for faxed new notes. WIC was pissy but had no choice. I heard somewhere that if u get WIC and the kid getting it has a peanut allergy, they will NOT allow u to get soy butter, even though it costs the same or even less. Is this true? I'd like to hear from WIC problem situations?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 2:23 AM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Health

• I believe this is true; you still have the option to get the beans in lieu of peanut butter so I think that's why they don't offer soy butter as an option.

I had some problems with WIC back when they used Enfamil and my daughter needed the Gentlease variety...they kept trying to give her vouchers for the regular Enfamil, which my daughter's system could NOT handle. But with my 2nd child, I asked that she be put on Similac Sensitive from the start and never had any problem. If I'm being honest, I've noticed that I had many more problems with WIC when I was in a big city than I do now that I live in a small town. In the city, we were all shuffled in and out like cattle and spoken to like children; special concerns were disregarded, etc. I love living in a small town now; I feel like I'm not a nuisance to WIC!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 4:00 PM on Aug. 10, 2009